Girls, we’re all gonna walk out of Covid-19 flawless! Has anyone else been spending their days in face masks (the Garnier sheet masks are life) and hair masks? Much to the detriment of my professional life when I have a video conference call ha! But no really, I can’t tell you the last time I wore makeup or put a bit of heat to my hair! I’m secretly wishing my hair will grow 47 inches in the next few weeks and I’ll have a face like Michelle Keegan… too hopeful?
I’ve found some “can’t live without” beauty bits over the last few months. Where have liquid and cream bronzers been all my life??
Click on the names of the products below if you want to have more of a nose and check that price tag 🙂
- Alpha H Liquid Gold – are we able? It’s like a facial in a bottle! It’s so good for brightening and exfoliating the skin. I use this two – three times a week depending on how my skins behaving.
- Pestle and Mortar Pure Hyaluronic Serum – so we all know I’m obsessed with Clarins Double Serum, I literally went through 10 bottles. Soooo, I decided it was time for a change (at least for a while). The Pestle and Mortar serum was recommended to me and I was a little bit apprehensive, don’t ask me why but my god, I’m obsessed! I use this every night and I wake up with the most hydrated skin!
- Ole Henriksen – You’ve probably seen every beauty blogger speak about this brand at one point or another and sure I’m a sucker for skincare so you know I had to try it! I’ve tried the Truth serum (like it, don’t love it, it’s not hydrating enough), the C-Rush Brightening Gel Creme (love it, thick moisturiser with the most phenomenal smell) and the Glow20H Dark Spot Toner. That toner is the BEST toner I’ve ever used in my life, ever see those girls with that flawless, even skin tone? I bet they use this toner! It’s like magic.
- Garnier Organic Lemongrass Face Wash– ever used Espa products? This smells the exact same and is €5! I came across this by accident when I forgot my Kiehl’s Midnight Oil (another staple) and it’s amazing! It’s so fresh and my skin always feel squeaky clean after using it.
- The Ordinary AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution – don’t use this if you plan on leaving the house.. sure where are you going? 😉 This is the only peeling solution I’ll use at home as it’s not very harsh on the skin. I use this once a week if not once every two weeks. If you use this and go out the next day please wear sunscreen!
- Weleda Skin Food– I was complaining to one of the girls that my skin was like the Sahara Desert over the heating and she told me to get this. Changed my life. If your skin is bate from the heating or air con, slap this all over your face going to bed and you’ll wake up with skin that looks like you’ve drank 20 bottles of water. Again, would use this maybe once or twice a week or as needed. If you don’t like a thick moisturiser than this isn’t for you.
- Soleil Tan De Chanel– “Chanel, you’re in desperate need of some Chanel..” 10 points if you can name that movie :). Want to look sun kissed, like you stepped off the beach? I can’t make any promises but this bronzer is close to perfection. I wear it almost everyday. It’s fab with or without makeup to just give you the most perfect looking tanned face. I use a stippling brush to apply or a beauty blender depending on how heavy I want it to be.
- Nars Laguna Liquid Bronzer – Ah, the liquid version of my favourite powder bronzer. Love this as well! It’s a bit darker than the Chanel so I use this to darken up the face for nights out . It’s also lovely for the chest and neck area as there’s a hint of shimmer. A little goes a long way!
- SoSueMe Contour Stick – IDEAL for nights out. It’s so creamy and blends like a dream. I use the middle shade and it’s perfect for my skin tone.
- MAC Face and Body – I’ve been loving the more natural look lately and this foundation is like a pair of really sheer tights for the skin (we’re talking denier 10). It’s perfect for everyday makeup looks if you want your skin to look super natural.
- NYX Born to Glow Foundation– Perfect for work! €11 like hello. Perfect if you like dewy skin and it lasts for hours as well .. unless you touch your face 72 times and hour like me 🙂
- IT Cosmetics CC Cream– I fell in love with this last summer. It’s super dewy and has SPF 50.. lets prevent wrinkles ladies you know?
- Revolution Conceal and Hydrate Concealer– This is one of the best “drug store” (I hate that phrase) concealers, it doesn’t crease and isn’t drying! I got this one in Edinburgh, not sure if it’s available in stores here but you can get it online 🙂
- Bobbi Brown Pot Rogue for Lips and Cheeks – a lovely dewy blush that doubles up for your lips. Winning. It’s my new fav! You can put it on with your fingers or beauty blender.
- Huda Beauty Warm Brown Obsessions Palette – one word.. pigment. And so affordable for the quality.
- Bad Gal Bang– mascara’s never really interested me, don’t ask me why because I love full lashes! But then I came across this beauty it transformed my eyelashes! Two coats and done. Like, look at that wand.
- Precisely My Brow – it’s like the perfect eyebrow pencil. It’s so skinny so you can fill in your eyebrows precisely.. OMG I just got it haha. It’s a bit pricey and I always fly through it but it’s something I can’t live without now.
- MAC Whirl Liner and Lipstick– there’s something about this lipstick that makes my teeth look whiter. I’m weak for the colour but you have to dab it on not rub otherwise it’s a bit too dark.
- MAC Spice Liner– spice and a bit of myth lipstick together! My god. Divine.
- Charlotte Tilbury Iconic Nude Lip Cheat Liner– again, a staple in my make up bag. I wear this everyday. The consistency of Charlotte Tilbury’s lip liners is unreal, they go on so smooth and blend onto the lip seamlessly.
There you are now, happy shopping 🙂